About the journal
The Critical Review (Przegląd Krytyczny) is a scientific journal published in the Institute of Sociology at the Adam Mickiewicz University in Poznań, in cooperation with the Sociological Committee of Poznan Society of Friends of Arts and Sciences.
In the journal, we publish articles, interviews, reviews and polemics in the field of social sciences and humanities, with clearly critical provenance. Both theoretically oriented texts and texts based on empirical (qualitative and/or quantitative) research should represent a critical approach to social reality and existing paradigms of conducting science. The journal’s main aim is the most broadly understood exchange of ideas and views connected with a critical take on dominant social orders in their normative and subjective dimension. Its goal is also to form a platform for exchanging ideas relating to marginalised actors and discourses (e.g. ethnic minorities, indigenous communities, social margin, disability studies, postcolonialism, human rights, childhood studies, feminism, criticism of capitalism, consumptionism ,heterodox economics, critical discourse analysis, critical pedagogy, superficiality of democracy, genocide studies and climate changes).
Editor-in-Chief: Mariusz Baranowski, Adam Mickiewicz University in Poznań
Deputy Editor-in-Chief: Urszula Markowska-Manista, The University of Warsaw, The University of Applied Sciences Potsdam (FHP)
Secretary in-Charge: Jan Kowalski
- Dr hab. Katarzyna Górak-Sosnowska (SGH Warsaw School of Economics) – Islamic studies, MENA
- Dr Bartosz Mika (University of Gdański) – sociology of labour and new technologies
- Dr hab. Lech M. Nijakowski (The University of Warsaw) – historical sociology, discourse analysis
- Dr Marta Pietrusińska (The University of Warsaw) – integration, inclusion, participation
- Dr Przemysław Pluciński ( Adam Mickiewicz University in Poznań) – social movements and urban sociology
- Dr hab. Krysztof Sawicki (The University of Białystok) – youth, marginalisation, maludjustment through a critical perspective
- Dr Agata Stasińska (The Institute of Psychology at the Polish Academy of Sciences) – gender and sexuality studies, sociology of family and intimacy
Language editors: Marianna Kostecka
Statistical editor: Prof. Piotr Jabkowski, Adam Mickiewicz University in Poznań
- Dr Aleksandra Bagieńska-Masiota, SWPS University of Social Sciences and Humanities (Poland)
- Prof. Marian Golka, Adam Mickiewicz University in Poznań (Poland)
Dr hab. Barbara Jankowiak, Adam Mickiewicz University in Poznań (Poland)
- Prof. Anna Odrowąż-Coates, The Maria Grzegorzewska University in Warsaw (Poland)
- Dr. Rebecca Budde, University of Applied Sciences Potsdam (Germany)
- Prof. Maria Coady, University of Florida (the US)
- Prof. Adam David Dubin, Universidad Pontificia Comillas & New York University, Madrid Campus (Spain)
- Prof. Inger Kjersti Lindvig, Univesity of South-Eastern Norway (Norway)
- Prof. David Lawson, Nordic Africa Institute (Sweden), University of Manchester (the UK)
- Prof. Tamar Makharadze, Ivane Javakhishvili Tbilisi State University (Georgia)
The Critical Review (Przegląd Krytyczny) accepts for publication only original and unpublished articles that are not dealt with in other journals and publications.
Articles sent to the Critical Review should meet the following requirements.
Call for papers
We encourage Authors to send articles, interviews and reviews in the field of widely understood critical thought and committed research practice. Papers should meet the criteria specified in the section For authors.
Przegląd Krytyczny – Nr 1/2019
Przegląd Krytyczny – Nr 2/2019
Przegląd Krytyczny Czasopismo Naukowe | ul. Szamarzewskiego 89 C | Room 106 | 60-568 Poznań | Poland | Tel. +48 61 829 2227 | E-mail: email@example.com